Hair Extension Care | Taking Care of Your Hair Extensions
BRUSHING & WASHING
- Remove knots and tangles with a Wet Brush®️ by brushing from the ends, carefully working your way up toward the scalp.
- Brushing your hair before it gets wet will keep the hair from tangling while washing.
Section hair, brush extensions thoroughly before washing to remove any tangles. Always try to divide the hair into two sections on either side of the head to wash or multiple ponytails and wash section-by-section.
SHAMPOO & CONDITIONING
- Use Olaplex No. 4 shampoo to prevent split ends and tangles. (pea sized amount in the palm of your hands and lather before applying to hair)
- Begin at the scalp and massage shampoo into hair using a “Z” formation. Do not use a circular motion or flip head upside down as this causes tangles.
- Part hair and rinse all the way to the scalp.
- Use a sulfate free/sodium chloride free, and paraben free conditioner.
- Apply conditioner from mid-shaft down to the tip-off your hair and leave on from 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
(Olaplex is highly recommended)
- Use a micro-fiber towel, and air dry your hair as much as possible before using the blow dryer.
- ALWAYS use a leave-in conditioner after shampooing. Leave-in conditioner and the Wet Brush®️ are your heroes!
(Olaplex No.6 is our favorite)
Repeat “Brushing” after the leave-in, and prior to blow drying. Use styling creams or treatment oils from mid-shaft to ends is recommended to protect your extensions.
- Using a blow dryer, rough dry the hair.
- Starting at the ends and working your way up toward the scalp, round brush the hair.
- It is recommended to use professional styling products to maintain the health of your natural hair and extensions.
- Avoid alcohol-based products close to the point of attachment as it may compromise the bonding agent and/or cause sliding.
- Before swimming, wet your hair with fresh tap water and apply a small amount of coconut oil or leave-in conditioner to the ends.
- Tie in loose ponytail or braid.
- Once you are finished swimming, rinse the extensions with fresh water and spray with leave-in conditioner.
- To prevent severe damage to extensions,
Do NOT attempt to color your extensions at home.
- Wearing 1 or 2 loosely braids is recommended to avoid tangles.
- Do not go to bed with wet hair as it can cause tangling close to the scalp. If this occurs, schedule an appointment with your stylist to remove immediately